Friday, July 27, 2012

Weil der Stadt















I had to share the exciting news that we have found a place to rent! It’s pretty amazing actually, as people typically have to wait a month, or even several months, to get a place. God’s hand was definitely in this, as we found this place in a little over a week. We haven’t signed the papers yet, so it’s not officially “ours”, but granted everything works out, we should be moving in within the next few weeks... definitely an exciting prospect! Our temporary lodging is great, and I’m super thankful for it, but we all have a little bit of cabin fever right now, and are looking forward to getting into a “real house” soon. :)

We took a drive to a town called Weil der Stadt on Tuesday which is a few miles outside the place where our rental is. The three of us really fell in love with the place - it was a lovely day for walking around, but the town itself is just great. With it's history and old houses, the beautiful location, and the overall peacefulness of the area, it’s a wonderful little spot.

 Here are a few photos from our day there... hopefully I’ll get a few pictures of the house up soon!

7 comments:

J H said...

I am so glad for you guys!!! (and hey, is that Rapunzel's tower, or what?) :)

Sarah said...

Rapunzel's tower... I didn't think of that before, but it certainly does look like that! When I first saw tower I thought it looked like a giant gnome's hat, ha ha! I sincerely believe whoever built it was inspired by the tales from the Brothers Grimm :D

carolinatractorgirl said...

Sarah, how are mom and dad adjusting? So glad you guys have found a place to stay so quickly! The picturesque tour of Germany we've all enjoyed! I especially enjoyed seeing the castle pics! Germany looks so pretty! We covet the nice weather! It's still in the 100's here! My laptop time is set to Ireland time, which I'm not sure if that's the same time zone as where you are, but as I write now, your time may be 2:22 AM! He he! Miss you!
-Grace

Sarah said...

Grace -

Thank you for your sweet note! It was good to hear from you.

Mom & Dad are doing well, and adjusting quickly to our new home! The language barrier, is the hardest thing to overcome right now, so sometimes we feel pretty silly trying to understand, or make our point known, but learning will all come with time. :)

I've really been enjoying the beautiful scenery here, and have had alot of fun taking photos, too. :) The towns and the countryside are so different than what is typical in America, and even though I've been here before, it's like seeing it all for the first time.

Wow! It's in the 100s there still! That's no fun... hopefully it will cool down for you all, soon! I bet the lake behind our house there is completely dry by now!

We're an hour ahead of Ireland, so six hours ahead of EST. Crazy, isn't it?

Hope you and your family are well! :)

Lillian said...

Its so beautiful! I LOVE the old towers and buildings!

Sarah said...

I love all the history that this place holds... I could have spent alot longer taking pics here, as there were so many wonderful old building to photograph!

Sarah said...

Thanks, Uncle Dan! I'm glad you've been enjoying my blog :) Ich Wünsche dir auch einen schönen Tag! Tschüss!