Tuesday, March 22, 2011

hiatus



Howdy!

Here I am back from a short hiatus that I took to help our pastors family with their twice-yearly (which I guess is biannual, if you want to be technical :)) consignment sale. I always enjoy giving them a hand when I can, but, good heavens, I sure came home tired at the end of the day! I was thinking how true the verse is that "the sleep of a laboring man is sweet." :) Ecclesiastes 5:12

--------



This was a shirt that I bought recently and altered as I just couldn't pass it up because it was both plaid and flannel. A little late in the season the be buying flannel, I know, but I'm hoping there will be a few more cooler days so I can wear this top. :)

I have alot of sewing projects stewing in my mind right now, and bought a few patterns recently so I'm looking forward to a busy sewing week, with hopefully alot accomplished. I think Spring is getting into my bones and inspiring to me to create some new things. He he! :)

--------

On another note, did you know that I have some very sweet friends?  God has so greatly blessed me with the chums He's given me. It was my birthday last week and they showered me with lovely gifts and even surprised me with an ice cream cake (my first taste of one, crazy, I know!) .

 A shirt that my friend coffee-dyed for me. I think this is going to become my favorite top from here on in. It's so light and breezy and I love the color; such a soft creamy tone!



 

 Can you believe that another one of my friends made this adorable sweater for me? I'm pretty flabbergasted every time I look at it! I told you I had some sweet friends, didn't I? :)



 A tag on one of my birthday presents.


and a super-duper cute head wrap... handmade, of course!

I wish I could tell you all how much I appreciate everything, but It sounds so trite to merely say "thank you," but just know that your sweetness and thoughtfulness really meant alot to me :)

--------


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's it.... you can go down as being two things: a gorgeous vintage model, and the bestest friend ever!

Love you~

Kim

Nancy said...

Beautiful dear!!! I love how the flannel shirt turned out:) Happy birthday again!
~Nancy

Anonymous said...

We love you dearest!

GIG said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, girls! I love you guys to death! :)