Friday, March 11, 2011

a quiet day & last year's vacation




Just a quiet, simple, at home kinda day, that I spent: 

- drawing & dabbling in watercolours




- looking at gardening books

- trying to figure out how to fair-isle knit

 - perusing this book




- photoshoping

- thinking about cutting out a pattern, but never actually getting around to it :)

- listening to the rain & watching the ever-changing stormy gray sky, and




- taking photos after the said rain














--------


I've been wanting to post photos from our vacation last year up to Maine & Massachusetts, but have been so busy sharing with you other things that I haven't gotten around to it till now!

It was a really enjoyable trip, and I don't know how many times I've browsed through the pictures I took then, once again savoring in my mind all the fun times we had together.


One of the many scenic outlooks on our ride up.




O L D  S T U R B R I D G E  V I L L A G E
A heart shaped leaf, which when I jokingly said to Mike, "This is my heart," he promptly took it from my hand, crushed it, and threw it on the ground ... that's my funny big bro for ya :)


The bolts of fabric in the Old Sturbridge Village gift shop. I practically went insane over all the gorgeous colours!


Farmhouses in OSV



Curled horns


A quaint, pink bedroom... I think someone forgot to make their bed, though (ha ha!)


Advertisements tacked to the outside of the General Store.


Carriage rides!




M A I N E
It's been an age since we last went up here, but I have great memories of visiting Maine when I was little.

This was our second time going to the MOFGA (Maine Organic Farmers & Gardeners Association) fair. It is the most amazing place to visit, ever! We weren't able to take in even half the sights in the two days we went... It was packed with things to learn and do and shops to visit.  Ha ha.... and the outfits there... weeelll, lets just say there are alot of modern-day hippies that go on an annual pilgrimage to this little Mecca.

My all time favorite photo of the trip.


The cloud display was a-maz-ing that day... Mike and I couldn't get enough pics of them.


My bro.


Some of the lovely handspun yarns at the Common Ground Country Fair.


 A yoke of oxen. I was surprised at how massive they were!

hand-knit goodies for sale


One of the many live bands performing


The gentleman who kindly taught me how to spin. I wasn't very good, but It was fun trying :)


A genuine seafood restaurant in Maine.


Over the bridge in Searsport, ME (my attempt at a faux panorama)


Birch trees = love


An adorable wooly sheep at the fair.


Just look at the tongue... too cute!


At one of the state parks in Searsport.





M A S S A C H U S E T T S
visiting my grandparents...

Playing cards at Gram & Gramps... and no, we're not drinking beer, just cream soda. Just had to clarify. :)


Gramps quarterboard signs.


"J O A N"


The Grand's tidy and sweet living room.


The dining room.


Scituate Harbor.



Gramp reading his evening paper


And there's more to come! I just didn't want to overwhelm you with too many photos in this post.

Have a lovely rest of the day!

No comments: