Wednesday, March 9, 2011

hodge-podge

Saturday we took a family trip up to one of the big cities.

 We lunched at the cutest little French cafe, that Mike & Ally had been raving about ever since they went a few weeks ago. The decor inside was so rustic and quaint, and they had every kind of bread that you could want... and all freshly baked, too.


After we ate, Mom and Dad struck up a conversation with the owner of the restaurant, and he shared with them all about how to keep the bread we were buying fresh, and about the local ingredients they use to make their food. Mom laughingly told me later that she could not understand half of what he said, as he had such a strong French accent, and that dad had to "translate" for her! It made me chuckle :)




We stopped off at Whole Foods while we were in the area, and picked up a few things that we can't get locally... like some dark chocolate. Did you know how hard it is to find chocolate? I mean just plain & simple chocolate without any emulsifiers or additives or anything of that sort in it? It's wicked hard, let me tell ya, but so good when you do find some. :)


--------



  Sunday evening I happened to glance out the window, and quickly called Mom and Dad to come look... It was such a beautiful sky! It made me think of this verse:


"They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy."

Psalm 65:8


The three of us along with Mike & Ally spent the evening sitting around the living room "shootin' the breeze," as my grandfather says, talking about deep things, and just hangin' together. 


 We always enjoy having them over, and are so blessed that they live close to us!


--------


Ironing cloth napkins






I didn't realize it at first, but I had a rather tropical breakfast; a fresh mango (it was oh so good!), and hibiscus pineapple lychee tea. It sounds like a know what I'm talking about, but really, I have no clue what a lychee is... All I know is that the tea is absolutely delicious!

{Ok, just in case you're interested to know what a lychee actually is, I checked it out on Wikipedia, and it's a substoprical fruit tree native to China. *Sigh* Wiki is the best. :)}


steamin' hot cup o' tea


--------



Today I'm working on tracing out a few patterns for a soon to be opened Etsy shop that my friend and I will be starting...



I've got to be honest; it's a little bit tedious tracing out every pattern piece in each size, but the Lord is gracious and has given me alot of time to be able to work on it. He is good, and if this helps me to learn more patience, then bring on the tracing! :)



"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."


Colossians 3:12



I dug through the craft box and pulled out the magic marker bin, so I could trace each size in a different colour to keep them more organized. I don't know when the last time was that I used those things, but I had to laugh when I glanced down at my hands after a little while... I felt like I was a little kid again, drawing with markers.

Oh the joy of rainbow coloured stained hands! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, love your hodge podge post. It's cool to see a bit of what you've been doing. :D Wow, so they served you all coffe/hot chocolate with a heart in the middle! cool!