Sunday, August 5, 2012

a little bit of city














Yesterday we bearded the lion, and took the s-bahn (the train) for the first time. I was a little daunted to do it, as we know there are steep fines for getting off at the wrong zone and not having your ticket squared away. With our lack of knowledge in the German language, I was afraid we were going to do one or the other :), but we arrived without a hitch.

We had planned earlier this week to head downtown to see the sites and visit some of the stores, and it so happened that one of the local festivals the "Sommerfest" was going at the same time. A celebration of Summer, with music, food and drinks. 

Although I'm not a huge crowd's person, it was still neat to see the architecture of the castles and old buildings, and to visit some of the spots in Stuttgart that I had only seen in photos before.

I didn't get too many photos of our trip there this time, but I would love to go again sometime soon and get some more... and hopefully take a peek inside of the castles too!



7 comments:

Lillian said...

Looks so different and cool! Have a great week!

J H said...

Everything is so gorgeous, Sarah!

I can imagine it was a little scary riding the train, not knowing the language and everything. But I'm sure you'll learn quickly!

Miss you guys!

Sarah said...

Lillian - Thanks, Lillian!

Eady - Yeah, it was a little bit scary, but I feel a lot more confident now that I've taking the train at least once, and know how the system works! I'm definitely looking forward to learning more German as that will make living here all the easier :). We're signed up for classes in September, so that should be a big help!

carolinatractorgirl said...

Your photos are so pretty, Sarah! You do such a great job!
-Grace

Sarah said...

Aww, thanks, Grace! I still want to get so much better at photography, but I appreciate you kind words. :)

Dan & Sharon C. said...

Hi Sarah,

I enjoyed looking at and reading your blog. You've taken some really nice photos!
I hope you're enjoying your adventure in Germany, in spite of the uncertainties you've experienced trying to get settled.

Dan and I and Anna recently booked tickets to spend Christmas in Scituate. I hope your family will be able to make it there this year too?

Give our love to your mom and dad, and tell them we appreciate the email updates. Thanks!

Love and blessings, Sharon

Sarah said...

Thanks, Sharon! I know folks back home love looking at photos and hearing of our adventures over here in Germany, so it has been fun trying to capture a little bit of that here on my blog. :)

I'm so glad you guys will be in Scituate for Christmas! We are planning on coming as well, so it will be so nice to see you both, and meet Anna! I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Hope you all are well. Take care!


Love,
Sarah